This policy sets out:
- The information we collect about you
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use your information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Who we give your information to
- Where we store your information
- Payment processing
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law“), the data controller is: BTJ WATCHES LIMITED located at 23 Burlington Arcade, London, W1J 0PR with registered company number 11627855. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at [email protected].
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.
|This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our App or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our App, search for a product, or place an order on our App.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, login and password details.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our App: We will automatically collect information from you each time you App. This includes:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location data
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you:
- If you use any of the other websites or apps we operate or the other services we provide.
- From third parties we work closely with.
|In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies and other technologies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information on cookies please contact us at: [email protected]
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us:
We will use this information to:
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including:
- administering your account with us;
- verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through the App;
- notifying you about changes to our service.
- Provide you with information about our goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- we provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our App
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our App safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To improve our App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products or services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to [email protected].
Who we give your information to
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Selected third parties.
|Our selected third parties may include:
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site/App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site/App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary to perform our legal obligations to you. This may include retention necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to identify issues or to resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us, is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us here…
Changes to this policy